Acquiring Exodia in Yugioh
Acquiring Exodia in Yugioh
The other day I was asked to write an article about the first time a player goes through acquiring all five pieces of Exodia and what kind of cards and combos they should focus on setting up towards that goal. It seemed like a pretty easy task as it’s not too hard for me to imagine myself going through such a process again, however as I started to write it down I couldn’t help but feel like something was amiss.
I thought about what went wrong and then it hit me, the problem wasn’t that I couldn’t imagine myself going through such an experience, but rather that it had already happened, and if anything my biggest mistake back then was not trying hard enough to win with Exodia. There is no doubt that I never had enough skill over the game’s mechanics, strategy, or luck at drawing cards, but there were still some important lessons that I could have learned which would have made my victories more likely than not.
What is the strongest yugioh monster?
The strongest yugioh monster is no doubt Dark Magician Of Chaos! But why do you think he’s so powerful?
One of the first decks that caught my attention was Exodia. I had only started playing around a year before and was still learning how to play and what cards were good and bad at the time, but the very first time I saw one of those Exodia decks that was running 3 copies each of all five pieces, I knew it was the deck that I wanted. If there’s any card that deserves to be called a staple in Yugioh, then Exodia is definitely one.
What is Exodia and how do you get it in Yugioh?
The Exodia is five different cards (three of which are Normal Monsters) that when you have them all in your hand or graveyard with the exception of “Exodia The Forbidden One”, you win the game. If your opponent doesn’t know about Exodia or how it works, they will most likely just think that you’re wasting your time and continue as they were until you win or lose.
The different pieces of Exodia and where to find them
- Left Leg Of The Forbidden One : This is a normal monster with 0 attack and 1500 defense points. It can be found in the depth of darkness booster pack.
- Right Leg Of The Forbidden One : This is also a normal monster with 0 attack and 1500 defense points. You can get it from buying the Champion Pack 1 expansion set.
- Left Arm Of The Forbidden One : This is a normal monster with 0 attack and 1800 defense points. You can get it from buying the Champion Pack 2 expansion set.
- Right Arm Of The Forbidden One : This is a normal monter with 0 attack and 2100 defense points. It can be found from buying the Champion Pack 3 expansion set.
- Exodia The Forbidden One : This is a normal monster with 0 attack and 2500 defense points. You can get it from buying the Duelist League 18 expansion set (Only available for those living in Japan)
Exodia is also an Exodia archetype monsters which means that you cannot include more than one copy of each card in your deck.
Strategies for acquiring each piece of Exodia in Yugioh
The way to win with Exodia is by using “Exodia The Forbidden One” in your deck, once you have all the other four pieces in your hand or graveyard (definitely not banished though).
There are only two ways of winning a game of Yugioh without your opponent conceding, these are through deckout (making your opponent run out of cards) and mill (forcing your opponent to put copies of the same card from their deck into their graveyard), so if you want to win with Exodia in a normal duel, you have to build your deck around this goal.