Learn how to disable search suggestions in Mozilla Firefox (formerly called Firebird) on your Windows or Mac computer.
In order to get rid of Google search suggestions on Firefox, you have to go into the settings and disable it.
Do you know how to disable or turn off search suggestions in Mozilla Firefox’s web browser and mobile app? Mozilla Firefox, sometimes known as just Firefox, is a free and open-source web browser similar to Google Chrome. Mozilla Foundation and its subsidiary created the web browser. Mozilla Corporation is a software development company. When you put anything into the address bar of Mozilla Firefox, you’ll see a list of search recommendations appear below your query. You may turn off all of these recommendations if you don’t find them useful. Let us show you how to accomplish it on your computer and mobile (iPhone and Android) applications using Mozilla Firefox.
On Android, see How to Take Screenshots in Chrome and Firefox’s Private Tabs.
Mozilla Firefox has a number of options for you.
You may disable address plain search recommendations in Firefox for any search engine you use. Google, DuckDuckGo, Bing, and any other search engines you’ve added to Firefox are included here.
Aside from that, you may selectively deactivate search recommendations. This implies that you may keep getting recommendations in private windows while pausing or disabling them in public ones.
Read more about How to Turn Off Irritating Save Login Pop-ups in Firefox.
How to Turn Off Firefox’s Search Suggestions on the Desktop
On your desktop Windows, Linux, Mac, or Chromebook computer, turn off superfluous search recommendations in Mozilla Firefox. To deactivate search recommendations, follow the instructions below.
- To launch the Firefox web browser on your computer, click on it.
- In the top right corner, choose Menu or Three Horizontal Lines.
- Now, from the menu that appears, choose Options or Settings.
- On the Settings page, click the Search link in the left sidebar.
- On the right pane, scroll down to the Search Suggestions column. Then, in this area, switch off the “Show Search Suggestions in Address Bar Results” option.
Select Three Horizontal Line Bar or Main Menu in the Firefox web browser.
From the menu, choose the Options or Settings option.
From the left side window, choose the Search icon.
Uncheck the Show Search Suggestions in Address Bar Results box next to it.
Tip: To disable additional address bar recommendations, such as browsing history suggestions, go to “Change Settings for Other Address Bar Suggestions” and modify the choices there.
In Firefox’s Incognito windows, disable search suggestions.
Disable the Show Search Recommendations in Private Windows option to turn off search suggestions in Mozilla Firefox’s private windows. You do not need to do anything if this option is already deactivated.
In Firefox, these modifications will be saved automatically.
That’s all there is to it. After that, while entering a query in Mozilla Firefox’s address bar, you will no longer get automated recommendations. In Firefox, you may also delete your browser history.
In Mozilla Firefox, enable Search Suggestions.
To re-enable the previously deactivated search recommendations function in Firefox. Here are some recommendations to help you find what you’re looking for.
- Select the Three Horizontal Line in the upper left corner of the Firefox browser.
- From the menu, choose the Options or Settings option.
- From the left-hand pane, choose the Search option.
- Scroll down to the Search Suggestions section and tick the option that says “Show Search Suggestions in Address Bar Results.”
On iPhone and iPad, disable search suggestions in Firefox.
If you wish to turn off search recommendations in the Firefox app on your iPhone or iPad, follow the steps below. Then there are these stages.
- On your iPhone or iPad, launch Firefox.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the bottom-right corner, or use the menu.
- Once the menu has opened, choose the Settings option.
- Then, on the Settings screen, hit the Search option.
- In the Search menu, toggle off the “Show Search Suggestion” option.
That’s all! You’ve successfully liberated yourself from the annoyance of Firefox’s automatic recommendations!
On the iPhone and iPad, enable Search Suggestions in Firefox.
If you wish to re-enable, perform the same procedures as before: Toggle on next to Show Search Suggestion in the Firefox app>Three horizontal lines>Settings>Search option>Toggle on next to Show Search Suggestion in the Firefox app.
On Android, disable search suggestions in Firefox.
When using the Android mobile app, you may disable search recommendations in Firefox. The next stages are as follows:
- On your Android phone, tap to launch the Firefox mobile app.
- In the Firefox app, tap the three dots in the bottom-right corner.
- Once the menu is visible, choose the Settings option.
- Then, on the Settings screen, hit the Search option.
- Scroll all the way down to the new Search page. At the bottom, turn off the Show Search Suggestions option.
Select Three-dots, Settings, Search, and Off Toggle on the Firefox App.
That’s all there is to it. On your Android phone, you will not be interested in seeing search recommendations in Firefox.
How to Disable Firefox’s Search Suggestions on an Android Phone
If you wish to re-enable, go through the following steps: Switch on Toggle Next to Show Search Suggestions in the Mozilla Firefox app>Three-dots Menu>Settings>Search>
The “firefox search suggestions not working” is a symptom that many Firefox users have seen. There are several solutions to the problem, but one that seems to work for most people is turning off the “Search Suggestions.”
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I turn off search suggestions in Firefox?
A: In Firefox, you can do a search for about:config and then set browser.search.showOneOffButtons to false
How do I turn off Google search suggestions in Firefox?
A: To turn off Google search suggestions, enter about:config in the address bar and change the setting browser.search.openintab to false not true .
How do I remove search bar suggestions?
A: In the settings, go to Privacy -> Search suggestions.
- how do i stop firefox from searching in the address bar?
- firefox disable search suggestions
- turn off google search suggestions
- firefox remove search history
- firefox suggest