The iPhone has a lot of features that make it popular among tech users, but one feature that’s not yet available is the ability to automatically play videos on your device. Here’s how you can fix this problem for yourself using free software.
The “iphone autoplay not working windows 7” is a problem that many iPhone users have been experiencing. If your phone does not auto play videos, here are some solutions to fix the issue.
Madalina has been a Windows user since she initially installed Windows XP on her computer. She is fascinated by all things technological, particularly new technologies such as artificial intelligence and DNA computing.
28th of October, 2021
Originally published in April 2019
- Do you need a fast fix for iPhone AutoPlay not functioning on your PC? We are here to assist you.
- Take a closer look at the tips below to learn how to fix this specific problem.
- Since you’re already here, have a look at some of the best iPhone emulators for Windows 10.
- These problems seldom occur on their own. You may, however, save our Windows 10 Errors Hub as a favorite.
We offer DriverFix to cure a variety of PC issues: this program will maintain your drivers up to date, protecting you against frequent computer faults and hardware failure. Check all of your drivers right now in three simple steps:
- DriverFix may be downloaded here (verified download file).
- To discover all faulty drivers, click Start Scan.
- To receive fresh versions of drivers and prevent system failures, go to Update Drivers.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded DriverFix.
The AutoPlay function in Windows 10 allows you to automatically play multimedia, however many Windows 10 users have complained that iPhone AutoPlay is not working.
Even though you may sometimes hear the sound indicating that you have plugged in your iPhone, according to users, the AutoPlay window does not appear.
So, how can you get the AutoPlay function back on your iPhone for Windows 10 machines?
What should you do if your iPhone isn’t listed among the AutoPlay devices?
- Restore the default AutoPlay settings in Windows 10.
- Make changes to the register.
- Use the ShellHWDetection command to find out what kind of hardware you have.
- AutoPlay should be turned off and then on again.
- Drivers must be updated.
- Run the hardware/devices troubleshooter in Windows 10.
- Reinstall the driver if necessary.
- Other USB devices should be disconnected.
1. Restore the default AutoPlay settings in Windows 10.
- Type control panel using the Windows Key+S keys. From the list of options, choose Control Panel.
- Select AutoPlay as soon as your Control Panel appears.
- Check the box next to Use AutoPlay for all media and devices in the AutoPlay options.
- Now press the Reset all defaults button. This restores the default AutoPlay settings in Windows 10 for iPhone.
If iPhone AutoPlay isn’t functioning, follow the steps above. Now see whether your iPhone’s AutoPlay begins when you connect it.
You’re unable to access Control Panel? To discover a solution, check through this step-by-step instructions.
You may also change your AutoPlay preferences in the Settings app:
- Select Settings from the Start menu.
- Select the Devices option from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the choices that indicate Ask me every time (on the right-hand pane) for a Removable drive as well as a Memory card by clicking AutoPlay on the left-hand side of the menu.
2. Make changes to the registry
- In Notepad, copy the following text.
Version 5.00 of the Windows Registry Editor [HKEY CURRENT USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesExplorer] “NoDriveTypeAutoRun”=dword:00000091 [HKEY LOCAL MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesExplorer] “NoDriveTypeAutoRun”=-
- Save the Notepad to your desktop and then shut it.
- Rename this file (on the desktop) with a.reg extension by right-clicking it.
- To change the registry, right-click on the saved file and choose Run as administrator.
Because to a registry setting, iPhone AutoPlay may not operate in certain cases. As a result, you need execute a text file to change the problematic registry entries.
Simply reconnect your iPhone and try using the AutoPlay function again.
3. Use the ShellHWDetection command to find out what kind of hardware you have.
- Click the Start button and put cmd into the search box (in the search box).
- Select Run as administrator from the context menu when you right-click on the cmd option.
- Type net start shellhwdetection into the Command Prompt window and hit Enter.
- Your computer should be restarted.
The ShellHWDetection command is used to administer the Shell Hardware Detection service, which is responsible for providing alerts for Windows 10 AutoPlay.
If iPhone AutoPlay isn’t functioning, it’s possible that this service is to blame, so follow the steps above.
5. Keep your drivers up to date.
AutoPlay might be hampered by outdated drivers. As a reminder, you should always check sure your computer’s drivers are up to current.
This will not only maintain your computer in excellent operating order, but it will also affect all of your features and programs, including AutoPlay.
Then, to ensure that the modifications take effect, execute a simple restart. Aside from that, remember that this is your opportunity to resolve any driver-related difficulties.
Furthermore, you may have your computer automatically search for driver updates to see if any of your system drivers need to be updated. If this is the case, you should follow a few easy actions to get the most recent drivers.
So, if you need some assistance with the driver update process, you may look for some of the finest driver update software to help you out.
If iPhone AutoPlay isn’t functioning, try temporarily disabling the functionality as indicated above.
6. Run the hardware/devices troubleshooter in Windows 10.
- To find troubleshooting, go to the Start button and put troubleshooting into the search box.
- From the list of options, choose Troubleshooting.
- Select View all, then select Hardware and Devices.
- Follow the on-screen instructions after clicking Next.
If iPhone AutoPlay isn’t functioning, run the hardware and devices troubleshooter on your PC. Check to see whether the issue has been addressed.
If the Troubleshooter fails to finish the procedure, use this comprehensive guide to resolve the issue.
7. Install the driver again.
- Open the Device Manager application.
- On portable devices, right-click.
- Right-click on the Apple iPhone item to open it in a new window.
- Choose Uninstall device and follow the on-screen directions.
- Connect your iPhone to the USB port. The driver software will be reinstalled by Windows. If not, go return to Device Manager and right-click on the iPhone, then choose Update driver from the drop-down menu.
Try reinstalling your Apple iPhone driver if the driver update doesn’t work.
8. Unplug all other USB devices.
Is it possible to attempt disconnecting all other USB devices before reconnecting your iPhone? This approach, albeit unusual, does work on occasion.
Whether iPhone AutoPlay isn’t functioning on your PC, try all of our options and let us know if we were able to fix your issue in the comments below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The “playsinline not working ios” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released some fixes to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make my iPhone AutoPlay on my computer?
A: In order to make your iPhone AutoPlay on your computer, you will need a program called Handbrake. This program is available for free online and can be downloaded from the website here https://www.handbrake.fr/.
What do you do when AutoPlay does not show up?
A: Be sure the game is up to date.
How do I make Windows 10 AutoPlay pop up?
A: If you have the Windows 10 Action Center open, then just right-click on any file or folder to bring up a context menu. From there, check Play automatically, and that should disable the task bar for this window without closing it entirely.
- windows 7 autoplay not working
- how do i import photos from iphone to pc if autoplay does not appear
- import photos not popping up
- newest iphone update